Why did you create RUDE coffee?
- We love coffee but hated the anxiety that came with it, so our founder discovered scientifically proven natural ingredients that reduced the negative side effects of caffeine and thought it would be rude not to share it with others who have the same problem.
- Our deeper 'WHY' is to inspire conversation around anxiety and mental health, ultimately supporting social change that improves the mental health culture in New Zealand.
Why is your name RUDE?
- It’s a play on words, an oxymoron or a double entendre depending on what context we use.
- Our coffee is designed to be side-effect free and we think it’s a bit rude other coffee brands cause negative side effects like anxiety, jitters, headache and energy crash.
- Also, for all those too young to know, in old-fashioned English, 'Rude Health' means to be 'strong and healthy', so you see what we did there…RUDE Health Coffee… Pretty smart right ;)
What are Nootropics?
- Nootropics are substances that improve cognitive function, mental performance and mental health, particularly improving executive functions like memory, creativity, focus and motivation.
- Nootropics are rapidly growing in popularity due to today’s highly competitive society and deteriorating mental health. Natural substances that can improve your life, now that sounds good to us and that’s why we are so passionate about nootropics.
How does RUDE reduce the anxiety and jitters of coffee?
- Due to an incredible natural amino acid called L-theanine that is found in green tea leaves.
- Green tea contains caffeine and the plant naturally balances this with L-theanine, so we are simply replicating what mother nature already figured out by balancing out the caffeine in coffee the same way.
- L-theanine is proven to have a synergistic effect with caffeine to reduce anxiety, jitters and stress by calming the central nervous system through having a direct effect on neurotransmitters in the brain.
- L-theanine also helps to regulate serotonin and dopamine levels in the body, which are chemicals that are ultimately responsible for mood.
How does RUDE reduce the energy crash of coffee?
- Due to the MCT oil which slows down the absorption of caffeine, reducing the infamous energy crash, while also providing a powerful energy source for the brain and body.
- The MCT oil also adds a beautiful creamy texture and enhances the flavours of the organic coffee.
Can I trial RUDE?
- We are so confident in our product that we have a money-back guarantee, so if you don’t like RUDE coffee, simply get in touch with us within 14 days. That easy!.
How do I make RUDE coffee?
- We have created a high-performance blend with natural nootropics to make an all in one formula that only needs water.
- Simply mix one sachet with 250ml of water and you are ready to go. Easy as!
- Even though we think RUDE coffee doesn’t need anything else, don’t feel rude if you want to add your own milk or sugar.
- You can even make it into iced coffee or expresso martinis... You do you boo, there are no rules when you drink RUDE ;)
Can I drink RUDE as Iced Coffee?
- You can do whatever floats your boat or tickles your fancy :)
- Hot or cold water, blend it with butter, mix it with your martini, add it to your protein shake, sprinkle it on your ice cream or create a “fair trade organic vegan caramel frappuccino latte” for all we care … there is no right or wrong, that’s the beauty of being RUDE.
Is RUDE a natural product?
- Yes, every ingredient in our formula is found naturally in different plants around the world.
- The coffee is from organic green coffee beans, the MCT oil powder is derived from coconuts, the L-theanine is found in green tea leaves and the monk fruit extract is, you guessed it, monk fruit.
Is RUDE coffee fair trade and organic?
- Yes, our coffee is sourced from a union is East Africa that ensures all workers and farmers are paid a fair amount for the coffee while strengthening the local industry and creating opportunities previously unattainable for the growers.
Is RUDE Vegan, Gluten, Nut and Soy free?
- Yes, our formula has no animal products, gluten, nuts or soy.
- Our goal is to make coffee accessible to drink for more people, hence our focus on reducing side effects, but we also made sure to not add any ingredients that some people can’t consume.
- Our product is packaged in a facility that also packages products containing milk, soy, egg, gluten, wheat, fish, peanuts, tree-nuts and sulphites, so if you are ultra allergic to any of those, we recommend double-checking with your healthcare professional.
Can I drink RUDE when on a keto diet?
- Yes, in fact, our formula has medium chain triglycerides (MCT oil) that convert into ketones that can be used as an instant source of energy for your brain and body.
- There is also no sugar in our product which is perfect for low carb diets.